I found out a few weeks ago that I was accepted to the BYU Summer Institute for Spanish Teachers (see http://byuspanteach.blogspot.com). The program is only offered once every three years, and it consists of one week of classes on campus in Provo, then 5 weeks of travel and study in Spain. I will be earning 9 graduate credits towards a masters degree in Spanish Pedagogy (Teaching). It is a great honor that I was accepted, as there were only a handful of participants chosen this year. The program costs $3,000 to attend, plus the cost of round-trip airfare to Provo and to Madrid, Spain (approx. $2,000). Unfortunately, I will not be enrolled as a degree-seeking student, and am not eligible for federal financial aid. This means I can't take out a student loan or qualify for any grant money. I have set up a pay-pal account for anyone who would like to help me out by donating to my Spain fund. Thanks!
Congratulations!! That is a HUGE honor and a HUGE bill to accompany that honor. We will donate a little something soon... wish we could do more.
ReplyDeleteHi, you may not remember me, but we went to the singles ward together...I was Shawn's friend. Anyway, I saw your blog on Quinci's blog and I have to say, I am sooo jelous. I would love to go to Spain. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!
ReplyDelete