Sunday, April 27, 2008

One week closer to summer!

Just 4 more weeks until summer vacation! School is starting to wind down. We are already starting to plan for next year. I had a meeting for my Spring Break 2009 trip to Mexico, but it was on Wednesday during the thunderstorm, so I didn't have much of a turnout. I'll probably do another meeting in May. We're going to the Yucatan Peninsula and Mayan Riviera. Let me know if you're interested in joining the trip (www.myexplorica.com/Menssen-7408).

We had performances this weekend for a stake production of The Garden, and I was the Tree. Aside from some technical difficulties with microphones, the show went really well. I was a little disappointed that nobody from school came (I invited everyone), but I had a couple of friends from the branch there on Friday night.

I'm currently being treated by a chiropractor. I have been going for about 3 weeks, ever since I hurt it playing softball. He took x-rays and found a couple of problem spots that have been developing over several years, so I made the decision to start treatment. I started out going 3 times a week, and this week we went down to 2 visits a week. Not pleasant, but it's worth it if he can fix the problem now and avoid worse problems down the road.

I actually got up early on Friday to walk on the treadmill for half an hour. Trent and I have a goal to go to bed at a decent time and get up early to work out at least three times a week. Which means I need to get home and get to bed. Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ya- the Jazz won last night! We are up 3-1 on the series! I am excited for summer- I have 24 more days! 5 weeks so just one week longer than you! Summer off is a big bonus for being a teacher! Sounds like you have fun summer plans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like summer will be busy for you! Good luck on getting up early :) So what exactly does a tree do in a play?

    ReplyDelete