I see that I am long overdue for a post. As usual, my life has been crazy busy this month: trying to get everything done for the end of the school year, learning how to do my new calling, preparing for a performance, coaching a team, applying for a summer job, and everything else that just pops up that you don't plan for but that has to be taken care of. Busy, but happy. I look around me and see how very blessed I am.
Our school and community have been hit hard recently with illnesses, hospitalizations and even the tragic death of a student. While these situations are not easy to deal with, especially for high school students, I have really seen the school and community pull together in an amazing way. We will all be stronger for facing these trials and working to overcome them together.
As tragedies so often do, I have had cause to reflect on my life and the many things I am blessed with daily. I am thankful to have a wonderful family, a great ward with caring individuals who help me to feel accepted, a rewarding job that I love, a roof over my head, reliable and comfortable transportation, opportunities to learn and grow, and being able to associate with amazing people every day.
Take time every day to tell the special people in your life how much you love and appreciate them, and thank God for each day that you can spend with them.
Oh Heidi, I love you. Come and visit me.
ReplyDelete