Monday, February 1, 2010

Still busy in 2010

Yes, it is already February and this is my first post for 2010. Life continues to be very busy for me since the wedding. I am working an average of 10-12 hours per day, teaching and coaching. Meanwhile at home, my hubby is working on his online courses and waiting patiently for his new job to begin. I would say we are adjusting pretty well to married life. Of course we have had and will continue to have challenges, but I'm just grateful to have someone with which to work through them.

Parent Teacher conferences are coming up in a few weeks, and the only thing about conferences that I am looking forward to is the day after when I don't have to go to work. For some reason our school is observing Presidents' Day on February 22nd, but even though the students are off that day, the teachers have Inservice. So no holiday for me! So I'm counting down the days until Spring Break (28 work days), and hoping that the weather gets nicer by then.

I have a new calling in my ward as the Visiting Teaching Leader in the Relief Society. I am excited about this calling because it means that I can sit with my husband in Sunday School and attend Relief Society regularly. I am also hoping that it will help me to get to know more of the sisters in the ward. So is it a bad thing that I didn't sign up to be on the Primary substitute teacher list that they passed around last Sunday? I know that we won't always have callings that allow us to be together on Sundays, but after being in the Primary presidency and then substitute teaching for 2 weeks in a row over Christmas break, I could use a little break from the kiddos.

To end this blog on a happy note, here are some things that I'm looking forward to this Spring: my husband's first paycheck, Spring Break, softball, cheerleading off-season, planting my first flower garden, and tax returns!

2 comments:

  1. giiiirl
    i'm sooo with you about wanting to sit with your husband during sunday school and going to relief society. i've been in primary for over a year. i'm grateful for the opportunity to serve, but some sundays i just really really REALLY wanna stay with Mike all day. :)
    oh and yay for flower gardens! i'm excited to plant some veggies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, tax returns. i thought i'd be able to sit with my husband during RS but i somehow keep ending up in the mother's room.

    ReplyDelete