Monday, April 26, 2010
Baby Registry
Even though it is still too early to determine the gender of the baby, we decided to go ahead and begin our baby registry. I was very disappointed with the selection of items at Target, and Babies 'R' Us didn't seem to have anything different than Wal-Mart. And since we know that most of our friends/family are close to a Wal-Mart, we decided to start a registry there. We don't have everything on there, but we have started to add things to our list. We were lucky enough to find a crib and a rocker/glider with ottoman at a yard sale on Saturday, and we have been given a few other items. When we know the baby's gender, we will go back and add some more gender-specific items. If you have suggestions of other good stores to register for baby items, please let me know. I also am still taking recommendations on cloth diapers, if you use them. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good choice on Walmart! I concur! :) A friend of mine started using cloth diapers with her baby, and wrote a neat blog on it. I haven't heard the follow up to this, but thought you might be interested:
ReplyDeletehttp://natalieolsen.blogspot.com/2009/09/bum-genius.html
Good luck! :)
we had the same problem with baby stuff...we finally went to buybuybaby but i don't think you have one up there yet! If you breastfeed, I got a great pump on ebay for half of retail. Also a good book to read before you start buying stuff is baby bargins, the book goes through all the brands pros and cons and tells you what not to waste money on. Another great book is baby 411 by the same people! let me know if you are going of cloth diaper it, i have tons of info on that too!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys!
Lori
You should talk to Ruth I think she used cloth diapers. Kim also knows some places for baby stuff. I checked your registry some pretty cute items!
ReplyDeleteWe did Walmart and Babies r Us. We found more of the specialty items we wanted (I was picky on bottles, dummies, and other assorted items) at Babies'R'Us. But unless there's really something specific you want, Walmart is awesome! We didn't do cloth diapers as diapers, but I do use them as burp clothes. My favorite is Gerber Organic Cotton. So soft and absorbent. For the bum, I love Pampers. They do a great job and fit in our budget. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCloth diapers??!! Way to go!!!! I don't go that route but I'm impressed with the moms who do. You are going to be a stellar mom!
ReplyDeletei think its great you guys are going to use cloth diapers. such a great way to save money. good luck with your search!!
ReplyDelete