Thursday, April 29, 2010

A little bruised, but definitely not broken

Last night at our coed softball game, I was hit by the ball just above the ankle as I ran through 1st base on my first hit of the night.  It stung pretty badly for a minute, but once I got moving again, I didn't really feel it for the rest of the game.  My poor husband was about ready to pummel the guy that threw the ball.  I convinced him that he didn't hit me on purpose, so he let it go.  Then in the 2nd inning, I caught a pretty hard line drive, and my left hand (glove hand) is also a little bruised and swollen now.  Kind of a rough way to end my already crappy day. 

But today, despite the sore hand and bruised leg, I am having a much better day.  First of all, today I am giving the last test of the semester (not counting the final exam), I paid off one of my credit cards (hooray for tax returns), bought tickets for the Royals vs. Rockies game to celebrate the beginning of summer vacation, and we got our lawn mower fixed!  Pretty good so far, and it's not even lunch time yet.

16 more days of school left until summer vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment