Saturday morning I had the privilege of attending the Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Kansas City Temple. There were a limited number of tickets allotted to each ward, but my parents were able to get an extra ticket for my sister and I. It was a chilly, windy morning, but the meeting was amazing. It is so exciting that in about 2 years, we will have our very own temple in Kansas City. This is a rendering of what the finished temple will look like. If you would like to learn more about LDS temples, click here.
Saturday afternoon while my husband helped my sister finish moving things out of the storage unit into their new house, my mom and I went shopping for maternity clothes. We went to Kohl's first, where I bought one pair of black pants and a black/white maternity top, as well as a few items from the clearance rack (not technically maternity clothes, but the styles and fabrics will work). I was disappointed in the small selection of actual maternity clothes. We went to Target next and found even less there. Looks like I will have to make it work by buying stretchy fabrics and tops with empire waistlines if I want to have enough maternity clothes to fit me throughout my pregnancy.
After shopping, I met up with my hubby and watched my niece and nephew for about an hour, then we went to the batting cages, and then to dinner at Jose Peppers. He went home, and my sister and I went downtown to the KC Ballet spring performance. Our friend Caitlin had a duet and a solo, and she did an amazing job.
The debate is on as to whether I was officially allowed to celebrate Mother's Day or not. My hubby says that I am "with child," and that makes me a mother. My brother-in-law says you aren't a mother until you "pop one out" (a baby, that is). So I am calling this my first "unofficial" Mother's Day, and next year will be the first official one. Either way, I had a very nice day, starting out with waffles and fresh pineapple prepared by my hubby.
At church, I enjoyed hearing the precious primary children sing about mothers, I had the opportunity to teach the Relief Society lesson about scriptures, and then all the adult women were given a marigold to plant and some chocolate. After church we went to my parents house and helped make a delicious dinner with steaks, baked potatoes and steamed veggies, followed up by a peanut butter fudge swirl pie.
The only kink in my day was going home last night and opening up my laptop to find that all the work that I had done writing my finals was gone. I had to start over and write 2 final exams, which I finished at about midnight. But all in all, it was a good day!




I can't believe how big the temple is going to be! We are lucky enough to live 7/10 of a mile from the site, so we pass by it daily! :)
ReplyDeleteAND the only place I buy maternity clothes is from Gap, they have a maternity section inside Baby Gap at Zona Rosa, you can get stuff super cheap on clearence. The clothes fit so well and throughout an entire pregnancy!
I think being pregnant TOTALLY counts as being a mom already so happy mother's day, Heidi! I had the same dilemma finding matermity wear at kolh's. the worst part was that half of the shirts i bought there shrunk after 1 wash!! sigh.......
ReplyDeleteI love Old Navy maternity clothes and also find a lot of good stuff at Motherhood. Plus, you can find great deals at consignment shops and online.
ReplyDelete