My summer vacation is almost over. I go back to work on Monday, and since I have a lot planned this weekend, I figured I should get a post in today before I am too busy and tired. It has been a fairly relaxing summer, but very hot and humid. Unfortunately, the beginning of school does not necessarily mean the end of the hot weather. But it will keep me occupied for the next 9 weeks or so until the baby comes. Hopefully this year will begin smoothly and not give me a lot of added stress during these last several weeks of my pregnancy. I am a little worried about my sleeping habits, as I have not been sleeping much at night, and then I end up taking naps throughout the day. That won't cut it when I'm teaching all day, so hopefully my body can get back on a semi-normal sleep schedule. My goal starting today is to not take any naps so that I will be so tired that I can't help but sleep through the night (or at least mostly).
We had our pre-admission appointment at the hospital last night. While we do not have a formal birth plan typed up yet, we were able to share some of our requests and feel good about them being met, as long as there are no extenuating circumstances during labor and delivery. I am hoping to deliver as naturally as possible. Of course, this being our first, we are really not too sure what to expect. So we are just hoping for a good experience and that there will be no major complications. *Fingers crossed*
I had a doctor's appointment this morning. I am 30 weeks and a few days along, so I am seeing the doctor every 2 weeks. Baby Jared wasn't very active this morning, but then again I hadn't been awake for very long, and I didn't have a big breakfast. His heart rate was about 120, which is lower than usual, but still within the normal range. We just caught him while he was resting. I am supposed to start counting kicks every day from now on. As long as I feel 6 in an hour, there is nothing to worry about. Sometimes I feel 6 in 10 minutes or less, so I don't think there will be a problem with his activity level.
We did receive some sad news this week. My maternal grandmother had a stroke earlier in the week. She seemed to be doing okay, but then Tuesday night she took a turn for the worse. They think she may have had an additional stroke. She is stable, but having a hard time eating or drinking. She is fighting, but she may not have much time left. It is hard to be living so far away and not be able to go and see her, and it makes me sad that she might not live long enough to see our son born. But it also makes me feel very blessed that she and my grandfather were able to make it out here for our wedding last fall. I wish we had the time and money to be able to fly out and see her, but that just isn't possible. So we just have to pray and wait for news.
It's almost time for my hubby to get home from work, and we are going out on a date tonight. Dinner, movie and Old Navy (he needs new jeans). Should be fun. Next week we have our first baby shower, and another one in a few weeks. I should have more new and pictures to post then. :)
sorry to hear about your grandmother, heidi. we'll remember her and your family in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteand kudos for you for wanting to give birth as naturally as possible. i'm all about the drugs!! ;-)
I was really happy with my experience at OPR, even with all of the unexpected things we had pop up. I hope yours is as good. I think the key is to ask questions and let them know what you want. When I did that, they always listened. Even when I changed my mind about an epidural :) Your family is in our prayers. I really enjoy visiting with your grandmother.
ReplyDelete