Friday, March 4, 2011
Another size up
My baby turned 5 months old this week, and he is already wearing 6-9 month clothes. He seems to be growing at an almost exponential rate (not really, but it seems that way), so I expect that in 1-2 months he will have grown out of the 6-9 mo. and ready for the 9-12 month clothes. He is still doing a lot of talking, drooling, and now he likes to blow raspberries. He also loves to stand up and play with (eat) toys (or anything he can get his hands on). Mommy can't wear her hair down anymore when she holds him, or we end up with a chunk of hair in his fists. He loves spending the day playing at Grandma Meadows' house, so much that he can get pretty fussy in the evenings when he is at home with boring old mom and dad. I can't believe how quickly he is growing up, and I can't wait until daddy gets a full-time job with benefits so that mommy can stay home more. I feel like I am missing out on all the milestones in his development (first laugh, rolling over, etc). I know this is just temporary, while my hubby is finishing school, and that is the only thing that keeps me going some days.
In other news, we purchased our plane tickets for the Menssen family reunion in Washington this summer. We still don't know what our sleeping arrangements will be (on the waiting list for our time-share), but we are looking forward to seeing the family and for everyone to meet Jared!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Heidi, you guys are doing the best you possibly can; please don't feel bad about missing some "milestones" - we all miss some, and this pressure to observe (and suddenly recognize) every little thing is so intense...
ReplyDeleteFWIW, he'll care much more about snuggling and love from Mommy than he will about you remembering when he did X the first time. (And, speaking from experience, it's hard to tell exactly what *qualifies* as "X" sometimes, anyway, LOL - like walking. A step could happen like, anytime on his way out of a tumble to the floor, but there's a gradual growth into really walking.
Also, evening fussiness is pretty standard; as tough as it is to take, it's definitely nothing personal - especially if he's 5 months and drooling. ;) You could be (and probably are) getting him back just when his poor toofers are trying to work their way through just a little more.
I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers for things to work out smoothly soon for you, and in the meantime, I'm sending hugs!!!
And he's adorable! :)
He's so cute!! But you are right, he's growing up WAY TOO FAST!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so sweet!
ReplyDeleteMy sister is working and going to school with a baby on the way and you women are inspiring with all the hard work you dedicate to your families!
Oh goodness he is adorable.
ReplyDelete