We are also working on refinishing our one and only bathroom. We managed to scrape off all the old 70's wallpaper, then filled in holes and sanded down the walls as best we could for the old plaster (not sheet rock) walls. We picked out a nuetral gray color to repaint the walls with, and laminate peel & stick floor tiles to cover up the old yellow linoleum. Fortunately, my brother-in-law was able to help us take out the toilet and put in the new floor.
We still need to do another coat of paint on the walls, paint the ceiling, put in a quarter round trim on the floor, replace the cabinet pulls and the light fixture, and reinstall the towel racks. I would also like to etch the glass on the bathroom window so that we can let in the natural light and not have to cover it up with a shower curtain. The bathroom already looks 10 times better, but I can't wait for the project to be completed and be able to enjoy our new bathroom. Of course we have a long list of home projects that we would like to do in the next year or so, which will hopefully help us sell our house when the time comes. I think the next project will be refacing the kitchen cabinets...
Spring Break was nice, but way too short. The week seemed to just fly by. I loved having Jared home with me all week. He loves playing with his feet, chewing on everything he can get his hands on, and watching Mommy and Daddy (doesn't matter what we are doing). He hates to be left out of anything that is going on. He rolls over pretty well from his tummy to his back, but generally just on one side. He also rolls over from his back to his side when he is trying to reach his toys. He is starting to eat rice cereal with a spoon, which we give him in the evening. Pretty soon we will start giving him some cereal for breakfast, too, and then add some homemade pureed fruits and vegetables. Daddy has a video of him eating, which I will try to post on here as soon as I can get him to email me the video from his phone. Here are some photos from the past month.
*Sorry some of the pictures are sideways. I can't figure out how to rotate them. They are the right direction in my documents folder...
No comments:
Post a Comment