Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sorry, I'm way overdue for a new post. I guess I have been pretty busy the past few weeks! Let's see if I can get you caught up on the goings on in my life...

The Move: I got everything moved over to my parents' house, with the help of some wonderful friends and family (thanks again!). I'll be staying here until August, when I plan to move into an apartment in Leavenworth, which is actually in a historic mansion. I'm excited for that, so I'm praying that it all works out this time.

The Job: After school was out, I was called to interview for the Spanish position at the high school, and a few days later, they offered me the job. I went in the next day to pack up my classroom and move it over to the high school, but they were in the middle of waxing the floors. They should be done now, so I plan on getting that done tomorrow and Tuesday. I'll be teaching Spanish 1 and 2. I will still be coaching middle school cheerleading, and hopefully high school softball as well.

The Temp Job: I have signed on with Today's Staffing service (previously known as Bossler-Hix Personnel) to get a little bit of work during my summer vacation. I have worked one half-day so far, but I have a 7-day job starting on Wednesday. It's not much, but at least it will help with the gas money.

The Musical: I am playing the part of Silvia Potter-Porter in the summer YSA production of Annie Get Your Gun. I'm also a chorus singer and specialty dancer. We have been working on singing and dancing, and this week we start the blocking. The performances are July 24-26 at the Holmes Building.

I'm sure that's not everything, but it's a start. I'll try to find my camera and get some new pics posted soon as well.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are staying busy! How is the family doing? I am sad we don't have a family reunion this year. It would be so fun to see everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You are one busy girl!! Say hello to the family. Congrats on the new job and on the part in the play-- both sound fun and challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to get an update! Good luck on the play. Wish we were there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear what is going on with you! Wish I was there to see your play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are busy! I was excited to see an updated post :) Contratulations on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on high school 1 & 2 spanish. I know you wanted that.

    Leavenworth, eh? That sounds neat...Let me know if you need help with the move. And of course when you get unpacked. I want to see your new place!

    ReplyDelete