Tuesday, September 29, 2009

52 days and counting...

...until I am a married woman! I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. I have just over 7 weeks left, and still have so many things on my to-do list. By the end of this week, my goal is to have all the announcements addressed, stamped and mailed. So if you still haven't given me your address, shame on you, and you better get it to me this week if you want an announcement!

After that, my next area of focus is sorting through all the junk in my apartment, hopefully getting rid of most of it and moving the rest of it to my new house. If anybody is looking for an inexpensive/slightly used entertainment center, I will be finding a new home for mine. I also have a 29" tv that won't turn on, but it's only 5 years old and if you know someone who likes to tinker, i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to fix...

I still need to pick out shoes and accessories. I have toyed with the idea of colored shoes instead of white, maybe to match the sunflowers in my bouquet, and then I think that boots (white) might be better in November. I'm dead set against tennis shoes and flip flops, although they would be much more comfortable than heels. What do you think?

All the other details seem to be coming together quite nicely, and I'm looking forward to my first shower that my co-workers are throwing for me in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I have a mountain of papers to grade, parent teacher conferences tomorrow and Thursday, and then relaxing at the lake for the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have things well under control. When are you moving to your new house? Is this the house you will share with your hubby?? I would prepare with BOTH shoes that match your sunflowers AND boots. That way your covered for outdoor shots as well as indoor activities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Heidi!

    I'm rather traditional, so I would go with white. I am with you on the no flip-flops or tennis shoes thing. The way I feel about those is that it's a sacred and holy day, you should have your best on for that day. At least while you're on temple grounds anyway.

    I'm so excited for you! I would like an announcement, so I guess I'd better get you my address. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go with the most comfortable shoes that you love! Since I had to stand almost the entire day- I didn't want to be thinking about my feet hurting all day- so I chose something comfortable! I think adding some color can be so fun and cute! Good luck with getting everything done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi...so excited for you! I saw some wedding photos of a bride all in white with her bright blue shoes showing and it was so cute and fun!! I vote for color and would go that way myself were I planning it all over again! Have fun regardless!! ~Liesel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go with color, or planning for any type of weather. The announcement was adorable, thank you! Wish we could make the trip.

    ReplyDelete