Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wedding plans

I've been engaged for a month now. It seems surreal, like all of this is not really happening, like it is a dream. But wedding plans are well under way: the date is set and the temple is reserved; our honeymoon accomodations are booked, and my new passport should be on its way; I have my dress, and I even found someone to make the alterations for me; my wonderful aunt is going to fly out here and do the flowers, and my mom is making my cake; we are registered with Target and Pampered Chef; we had our engagement pictures taken last week (see slideshow ABOVE); our parents met each other and we ordered invitations tonight; the bridesmaids' dresses have been chosen, the patterns were purchased and fabric has been cut and distributed. I still need to finalize the guest list and mail out invitations, pick out the cake, rent tuxedos, choose a hairstyle and accessories (veil, shoes, jewelry); set up a music playlist and a photo slideshow for the reception.

3 comments:

  1. I can't see the slideshow -- there's the Costa Rica slideshow, but above that it says something about an error.

    Good luck in the rest of the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are right on track! I have to agree that we have the most AWESOME AUNTS ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You sound so busy. Good luck with all of that craziness. I'm so excited for you, though. Can't wait to see you in your dress...and eat some of your mom's wedding cake.

    P.S. Beware the cardboard between wedding cake layers and make sure you get disposable wedding cake utensils. Remember!?

    ReplyDelete