Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Only 30 more days until I am married! I am excited and kind of surprised at how smoothly all the plans have gone so far. Knock on wood! I have been stressed lately, but not about the wedding. The announcements are out, flowers and cake are taken care of, photographer is hired, honeymoon is booked, and dress/veil/shoes are purchased. Only things left to do are to figure out my hair & jewelry, finish dress alterations, and have the guys rent their tuxes. We had our bishop's interview to get our recommend for the marriage, but we still need to make an appointment to meet with the stake president.

I already had my first bridal shower, put on by the ladies I work with. We got some great kitchen items, a really nice picture frame, handmade scrapbook pages, and a few other fun things. My sister is throwing me a shower tomorrow night as well, and my visiting teaching companion is throwing me a Christmas theme shower in a couple of weeks. We have also started to receive gifts and cards in the mail. The gifts are great, but what I am looking forward to even more about getting married is not having to go back to my apartment every night, and waking up next to the love of my life every morning.

Work is stressful right now, just because of the sheer amount of paperwork and planning that I have to do and the very little time I have to do it in. I am teaching an extra class in the place of one of my planning periods, and I'm struggling to keep up with all the grading. I'm working on coming up with activities in class that don't require papers to turn in and grade.

Cheerleading is going pretty well, despite the frequent bouts of attitude the girls display during practices and games. We still have a lot of work to do, but everyone is saying that the squad looks much better than previous years. They are really enjoying learning new stunts and performing them at the games, and this week they are holding a mini-camp for elementary kids. It will be fun to see the little girls get up and cheer and do their dance at our last home football game on Friday night.

That's about it for now, I guess. I'll try to be better about posting more often, but as you can see, I'm super busy and it's hard to find the time. Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and congratulations. Looking forward to seeing you all at the reception, if you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment