Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blame it on the rain...


... and maybe on recent lack of sleep, but I am just having one of those days.  I woke up this morning with absolutely no desire to get out of bed, and as a result I left the house late and was almost late for work.  My first class went fine, but after my planning period, I could feel my energy level going way down and knew that my next class was going to be a challenge.  I ate some apple slices in an attempt to raise my blood sugar, but it didn't seem to help.  And of course, this class was the one that had to be loud, off task and disrespectful, despite the fun and laid-back activities that I had planned for them today.  Thankfully I made it through the class without any casualties, and I am so grateful that my 3rd class was a little more sensitive to my mood and willing to do what I asked. 

Sorry, I don't like to use my blog to complain, because I know that you don't really want to read it.  Just needed to take a minute to vent and get it out of my system.  So to end on a good note, I think I have found a long-term substitute for my maternity leave!  I hope it works out, because I think she will do a fantastic job.  It's also a great thing because it means she is moving back to KC and I will get to see her more often.  Plus, now I don't have to stress about leaving my students with an absolute stranger, because we are good friends.  Gracias, mi amiga!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment