Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 9


Today is the first day of my 9th week of pregnancy, and I am happy to report that I have still not been hit with "morning sickness." I am tired all the time and make frequent trips to the bathroom, but that's about the extent of it so far. I have mixed feelings about my symptoms: on one hand, it is nice not to be sick, but on the other hand, I don't really feel pregnant yet. I guess I should just count myself lucky on this one and move on...

My baby should be about the size of a large raspberry now, according to all the baby books/websites out there. Facial features are starting to form, and hands/feet are growing and moving. We saw the heartbeat during our early ultrasound, but I am excited to hear the heartbeat at my next appointment (next Friday). They did my bloodwork last week, and I am assuming that no news is good news. I don't even know what they check for in the OB blood panel. If anyone can clue me in on that one, I would appreciate it.

I told my bosses last week about my pregnancy, and once they found out that I am still planning on coming back to teach next year, they were very excited for me. Of course I will have to find a long-term substitute for the second quarter to take over during my maternity leave. That might prove to be a litle more of a challenge than most people realize. First of all, there are no spanish-speaking substitutes in our district. So my choices are to find a retired teacher or a recent college grad who hasn't found a teaching job yet, who of course is fluent in Spanish. So if you know of anyone in the KC area who fits that description, please let me know!

Along with informing my bosses about my pregnancy, I submitted my resignation as assistant cheerleading coach for the upcoming year. Cheerleading is officially done for this year, but as soon as they hire a new coach for next year, I will be helping with tryouts and getting everything organized for summer camp. I will miss coaching, but it will free up some much-needed time to get the house ready for the baby, and hopefully allow me to get a little more rest.

Now I have to get back to work. It's the last week of the 3rd quarter, and then I get an entire week off for Spring Break!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so busy! Congratulations by the way. And yes count your blessings that you have had no morning sickness. Not sure either what they test for in the OB panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely count your blessings that you don't have morning sickness! Mine hits at about 6 weeks and lasts the whole pregnancy. Not fun.

    The OB panel, among other things, checks to see if you're immune to Rubella (German measles), how your iron levels are, and for STDs.

    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete