Spring Break came and went, with temperatures in the 60's, followed by a half a foot of snow. I had a huge list of things that I wanted to accomplish, and of course I ran out of time. I did get most of my thank you cards sent out (yes, from our wedding 4 months ago). I still have a few more to get out, so if you haven't received one, it will be in the mail before the end of the week! You know, everyone kept telling me that things would settle down after the wedding, but apparently not when you get married in the middle of the semester. However, now that Cheerleading season is over, I will have a little more time to get caught up on all my projects.
We are supposed to be having a yard sale this Saturday (weather permitting), so my focus this week will be to de-junk-ify the house. If I can work for a half hour each evening, I think I can get a good amount of it done and ready to set out this weekend. And maybe I can even convince my hubby to help, when he's finished with his homework... ;)
Now for the best part of the week, which was our visit to the doctor. I scheduled the appointment during Spring Break so that I wouldn't have to take a sick day from work. The doctor said that we might be able to hear the heartbeat, and we were really excited (and I'll admit, I was a bit scared). My husband took a couple of hours off work to come to the appointment with me, for which I was very grateful. After giving my urine sample and weighing in (gained 0.2 lbs since the last visit), we went in the exam room to wait for the doctor. He came in shortly and gave us the results of the blood work (all good!) and then he started to listen for the baby's heartbeat. He warned us that it might still be a little bit early in the development to hear it, but that it was nothing to worry about. After what seemed like a lifetime of listening to the strange ocean/alien-like sounds, we finally heard our little baby's heartbeat. It was amazing! Can't wait to go back in a month and hear it again!
Here's a quick update on the development of our baby at 10 weeks (courtesy of www.whattoexpect.com):
Your baby's growth is fast and furious when you are 10 weeks pregnant. He or she is nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled (even with all the time it spends in water). In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Bones and cartilage are forming, and small indentations on the legs are developing into knees and ankles. The arms (complete with elbows) can flex already, but don't run to the store for a baseball bat just yet. Though your baby's arms are taking shape and getting stronger, each one is only about the size of this number 1.
The tooth bud fairy is making her appearance this week, heralding the arrival of your baby's little choppers, which are forming under the gums. (Those pearly whites won't break through the gums until your baby is close to six months old). Other systems are go, too. Your baby's stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine, and, if your baby's a boy, he's already producing testosterone (yikes!).
Heidi congratulations! Babies are wonderful. And you are actually allowed one full year to get out your thank you notes. So you are on the BALL!
ReplyDelete